Thursday, May 10, 2018

Ascension Day

God’s Glory seen in this bluebell wood streaked with the morning sun.  A day of beauty seen in violets, primroses, wood anemones, wild orchids, copper beeches,birdsong and so much more!  We met at St John’s Church, Whitwell on the Hill receiving a warm welcome and a slice of the most delicious cake ever!  Cooler again today and nice breeze.  At Howsham another warm welcome and scrummy biscuits (I could make a habit of this).  A detour to visit to the Archimedes screw at Howsham Mill was well worth the effort and then on to Harton.  The end of the day prayer was given next to a gypsy encampment on the roadside.  A brilliant day - the end is in sight!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate one of my favourite red letter days . It was always a day off from lectures when I was at my C of E college in Ripon in the 60s and we would have a trip somewhere lovely in the countryside. I've played my Bach Cantata no 11 for the Ascension, my ritual for the day and Look forward to Pentecost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I shall be taking C for drive to see the Archimedes Screw . I took the bus from Leyburn to Bainbridge to see the one there last month, could not persuade any of the children or grandchildren to accompany me but I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete