Friday, May 4, 2018

Wary Pilgrim

Tomorrow I shall exchanging the wellies for walking boots and joining a 60 mile pilgrimage from St Oswald’s Church, Filey to York Minster, a pilgrimage organised by Nancy and John Eckersley.  The pilgrimage will finish with a service to celebrate the completion of the refurbishment of  The Great East Window.

Several people are raising sponsorship for Christian AidPilgrimage. I am walking with them and raising money for the Candlelighter’s Trust.

I am feeling a tad apprehensive at the moment but when we get going tomorrow I’m sure I will be ok.    Prayers and hymns at St O’s first to send us on our way.  The church will be open all day until 5pm when volunteers will be happy to show you round and provide light refreshments.  We hope you will call in.

Hoping I have the energy to update you daily on what happens along the way.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your walk , am looking forward to your posts. Gods speed!

    ReplyDelete